Lift maintenance, service & repair - Commercial use
Octagon offer a customised maintenance service to keep your equipment in peak operating condition.
- 24/7 support
- All hours emergency attendance
- Service teams with extensive experience across a wide range of lift types, makes and models
- Planned maintenance programs, tailored to the duty cycle and age of your lift
Octagon maintain a strong commitment to training the next generation of Lift Service Technicians. As a result, we have an excellent mix of knowledge and experience with up and coming talent being trained and developed by experienced Lift Technicians.
Our maintenance and service program ensures all the working components of the lift are checked, cleaned, lubricated and adjusted on a regular program to ensure your lift operates reliably. Our checks include key areas such as:
- Cleaning and lubricating door mechanisms
- Cleaning the door tracks
- Guide rail lubrication
- Inspection and check of emergency batteries
We have a team on the road around Perth in service vehicles during normal working hours.
- In the event of a trapped passenger rescue, we send the nearest available Service Technician to assist.
- For a LIFT emergency, call our 24 hour number 08 9485 7272
Octagon have extensive expertise in fixing old equipment that requires complex repair solutions.
- Our extensive experience across a wide range of Lift and Elevator equipment enable our teams to effectively provide high level solutions to minimise operational downtime
- Octagon source spare parts and replacement equipment from around the world
- Where equipment is very old and spare parts are no longer available, Octagon are often able to re-engineer old and worn out equipment
- If your lift is old and unreliable, we can provide a quotation for an Upgrade or Modernisation
I am trapped in a lift. What should I do? I am the Property owner or Building Manager for a lift in a Commercial use building. How often should I have my lift serviced?
- Firstly stay calm.
- Press the Emergency call button in the lift.
- Wait for a response.
- Speak in a calm, clear manner.
My lift is in Western Australia in a Commercial use building. Why do I need to have my Lift registered?
If your lift is a registered Lift in WA, the minimum requirement is annual service and inspection by a competent lift company. A lift with greater use, complexity or age will need to serviced more frequently to ensure it is safe. Service frequency may be:
- Monthly / 12 services/year
- Bi-monthly / 6 services/year
- Quarterly / 4 services/year
Call our Service team to discuss.
My building is changing over to NBN. What do I need to do to ensure my Lift Emergency Phone is still working?
Schedule 4.2 of the WA Occupational Safety and Health Regulations require the following individual items of plant to be registered. [Regulations 4.14, 4.15 and 4.34(2)]
What types and makes of Lifts do you service?
Octagon can assist with connection of your Lift emergency phone. Call our Service Team on 08 6363 5953 or Contact US.
For more information, the Department of Communication and Arts have produced the following documents -
“Migration of monitored fire alarm and lift phone services good practice guide”
Link to details here
Do you service lifts in the country regions of Western Australia.
We service the following:
- Passenger lifts
- Equal Access Lifts / Platform Lifts for wheelchairs
- Service lifts (Dumbwaiters)
- Goods Lifts
Call our Service Team to discuss on 08 6363 5953
Yes we do. We carry out regular visits to the following regions:
- Southwest including Bunbury, Busselton and Margaret River
- Narrogin and Albany
- Karratha and
- Port Hedland
You might also be interested in