The questions and answers that follow are generic in nature. As such, we are providing a guideline only. Please note that we cannot anticipate every scenario possible. Octagon always prefer to provide a detailed and accurate specification and quotation at an early stage. With this approach, you know precisely what we are offering and the cost. Afterall, the investment in a lift is a significant one, therefore we consider the effort involved in providing an accurate price and specification to be important.
Where are your lifts made? How long will it take to get a lift?
All of our suppliers are European based.
- Service Lifts (Dumbwaiters) are designed and made in Germany
- Platform Lifts are designed and made in Sweden
- Passenger Lifts are designed and manufactured in Europe
How much does a lift cost?
We recommend you allow a minimum of 20 weeks, up to 26 weeks (or 6 months) consisting of:
- 4 to 6 weeks to complete technical and interior finish selections
- 8 to 10 weeks for lift manufacture
- 8 to 10 weeks for shipping to Australia
Note that we will only place an Order for the Lift once you have paid your deposit and signed off the technical and lift interior finishes.
Once the lift arrives in Port, customs and quarantine clearance can take 5 to 10 days.
What is the price for a base model 630 kg lift that complies with Equal Access standards?
- A Service lift (dumbwaiter) with two stops with 100 kg capacity, budget for $ 18,000 to $ 23,000 ex GST supplied and installed in the Perth Metro area.
- A Platform Lift with two stops with 400 kg capacity, budget for $ 40,000 to $ 45,000 ex GST for the base model for supply and installation in the Perth Metro area.
- A Passenger Lift with two stops and a 630 kg capacity, allow for $ 60,000 to $ 70,000 ex GST for the base model supplied and installed in the Perth Metro area.
Custom options and finishes will add to all the prices above. ENQUIRE NOW
For an accurate price, we prefer to provide a Quotation.
We consider Perth Metro area to be within 50 km radius of the Perth GPO.
The Budget price to allow for a two stop lift with 630 kg capacity is $ 60,000 to $ 70,000 ex GST. This cost depends on lift design (hydraulic or traction), features selected and finishes. Custom finishes and features will increase the cost. Perth Metro area installation only. I am a Builder or Architect. What are the minimum requirements for a lift to comply with Equal Access Standards?
I have an existing house. What kind of lift would you recommend I install?
The lift must be a minimum capacity of 630 kg
- Cabin minimum size (w x d x h) = 1100 x 1400 x 2100 mm
- Doors minimum opening (w x h) = 900 x 2000 mm
- Recommended shaft size (w x d) = 1700 x 1800 mm
Note: DO NOT build a shaft without first confirming all lift technical details and signing off Builders Shop Drawings.
A Platform lift is ideal for installation in an existing house. They come with their own shaft panels and are ideal for residential use. Depending on the house, the lift can be installed inside the existing building or external to the building structure. I am building my house. How early should I order my lift?
We recommend you place an order for your lift at least 6 months before the planned lock up stage (lockable and waterproof) for your building. If you want special design features or lift finishes, allow for more time to finalise these details before the lift is ordered.I am building my house. How long should I allow to install my lift?
I have an existing house and I want to install a lift. How much will the builders works cost?
- For a two stop Service Lift (Dumbwaiter) allow for 5 days.
- For a two stop Platform Lift allow for 7 days.
- For a two stop Passenger Lift, allow for 3 weeks.
Note that these durations are a typical guide. We will provide accurate durations with a Quotation.
The cost of builders works varies so much due to all the various factors involved. The work required needs to be defined and then quoted by a builder experienced in this type of work. If you do not have a current builder, we can provide names of two builders we work with regularly to prepare a building for Lift Installation.